Thursday, November 19, 2009

Aloha

Okay this is one of many attempts to post my very first entry on my new blog...not sure if this will make it but I will be damned if I don't try. Inspired by my loving sister to speak freely of all the many thoughts that run through this working mom's head at about a million miles an hour.-Hence the name of the blog, can you keep up?

I speak out of context, without warning, and most often than not do not complete a sentence or thought. I jump from subject to subject without notice. Those close to me say I tend to chase rabbits (no not like in a drug induced haze like our favorite bedtime character Alice in Wonderland-but more a "I have too many channels running at once and I am going watch them all at the same time"). All the while driving my loving husband nuts on a daily basis.

You would think that with my many years as an Art History major I would have the grammatical and spelling skills closely imitating those of the finest authors in the world...yeah not so much! So pardon my errors, as the give me and this blog character.

I do not promise to not offend people (however I do not seek to offend either), I simply promise to let you into my mind...those close me to me call it "Mandyland"...where everyone is happy, where I am right all the time, and the world would live in harmony (if everyone subscribed to my rational and theories). I am a control freak..I don't claim not to be. A very brave soul(friend) ventured out to tell me this when I was 6 months pregnant with my child (those of you that have had the "pleasure" of being around an emotional wreck of pregnant woman..that was not wise)..but I love her every day for it.

My life like many of yours is pebbled with bumps, but we all should be thankful for what we have, and who we are. And more specifcally thank those that continue down this path we call life with us. Perhaps with this little venue to "spew" my thoughts we can all get a laugh or a cry to help us along our journey.

In the words of Pablo Picasso "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others, who thanks to their art and intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun."

No comments:

Post a Comment